Posted on: 07/29/2022
Job ID: YATS072022689099
The Sr. ServiceDesk Specialist is primarily responsible for providing telephone, email, and in-person technical support to the Commission. Provides outstanding customer service to resolve problems and restore service.
- Respond to, research, and resolve questions received via telephone calls (record calls in ITS ServiceDesk Software), email, and voicemail in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to more complex customer problems to ensure customer productivity and satisfaction.
- Provide first and second-tier support to end users for PC hardware, MS Windows, Software, Active Directory, O365 and basic networking troubleshooting.
- Install and update computer application software as needed.
- Setup, configure, and troubleshoot notebooks for the shared pool.
- Assist and maintain inventory of notebooks, projectors, desktops, mobile devices, and other equipment according to standard operating processes.
- Perform daily call backs to customers for any problems not resolved upon initial contact; escalate calls to the next technical or management level, as necessary.
- Assist in developing procedures and documentation for the MGC-ITS ServiceDesk.
- Assist other offices and locations with technology-based issues as needed.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant MGC products, services, and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to end users.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new and upcoming computing technologies and practices.
- Enhance and develop quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback, peer assistance, training, and other developmental approaches.
- Attend meetings and seminars to support the overall direction of the ITS office
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the ITS Support Team.
- Strong knowledge of all Windows-based operating systems
- Strong knowledge of PC based computer hardware
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft O365
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to exercise independent judgement
- Keen attention to detail and quality of work-product
- Ability to set and consistently meet realistic deadlines
- Proactive and collaborative approach to delivery of services
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for learning new skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills