Posted on: 08/04/2022
Job ID: YATS082022689213
The primary function of this position is to provide facilitation, analysis, design, and execution of solution architecture for the Integrated Eligibly domain and ensure it is leveraged.
- Collaborate with other Architects and I.S. operational teams (business, information, application, software, technology).
- Define key solutions and ensure they are managed.
- Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the architecture
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Research, analyze, determine capabilities, and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across entire Eligibility domain and its ancillary systems.
- Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
- Perform design reviews of solutions to ensure the design aligns and supports the specified architecture.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) — separately by enterprise architecture viewpoint (for example, business, information, application, software, and technology) and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across those viewpoints.
- Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of enterprise architecture development and service delivery. Be prepared to “sell” the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise solution architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- Support of enterprise tools needed for development and QA processes.
- Work with the team to ensure the successful adoption and use of enterprise solutions including application frameworks, software reference architectures, frameworks, patterns, and standards. This also includes conformance to the strategies, reference architectures, and guiding principles.
- Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- The architect needs to have expertise in design methodologies and business functions.
- The architect must have demonstrated knowledge on a domain specific area (i.e. coding languages such as C, C++, JAVA, .NET, C# etc.; networking; Oracle Engineered Systems.
- Understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies, Cloud technologies, Mobile applications, BI architecture, agile IT processes, usability architecture, front-end design, etc.
- 7+ years in enterprise, application, technical, or information architecture design.
- 5+ years of Health and Human Services Integrated Eligibility Domain Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience.
- Expertise in architecture frameworks is required.
- Need to have working knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other architecture modeling notations
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise integration architectures
- Pragmatic, articulate, persuasive and able to develop, sell and drive architectural solutions
- Ability to effectively translate and present technology solutions in business or management terms.
- Visionary thinker that can anticipate future computing capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment