Posted on: 08/04/2022
Job ID: YATS082022689518
As our Delivery Center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional Project Manager and serving as a Scrum Master on a scrum team. Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks are a plus. This position reports to the Portfolio Director for the Delivery Center.
- Develop and maintaining project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
- Develop detailed project/sprint plans using project scheduling tools.
- Lead all project/sprint plan development activities, including identification of epics, features, stories, phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules, and assignment of resources.
- Motivate project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks in line with the Delivery Center’s hybrid agile framework.
- Prepare formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitor project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitate risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
- Facilitate deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and communicate when their decisions impact the quality, schedule, or budget of the project.
- Facilitate project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as daily stand ups, retrospectives, sprint planning and sprint reviews.
- Ensure the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the Commonwealth’s project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health (scope, schedule, budget), and timekeeping data.
- Work closely with Agency Business Relationship Managers, Executive staff, and Delivery Center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
- Use knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular, Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the Delivery Center.
- Serve as Scrum Master for agile development teams, coaching them on the approved framework and holding them accountable for successful delivery.
- Influence and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
- Provide and deliver project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management within the Delivery Center and our customer Agencies.
- Ensure compliance with SDLC policies and procedures.
- Direct, coordinate, and track the activities of Delivery Center staff associated with the project.
- 6+ years full-time experience as a Project Manager for large and complex information technology projects.
- 2+ years full-time experience serving as a Scrum Master on a scrum team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including Executive staff.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
- PMP or scrum master certification.
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing Azure DevOps for project related activities.