Posted on: 08/04/2022
Job ID: YATS08202234285-1
This requires us to deeply understand the needs and behaviors of our consumers by conducting research across the full product lifecycle. We use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds.
We’re looking for excellent communicators, who are comfortable doing research in a fast-moving environment, open-minded about learning new research methods, committed to high-quality and rigorous research, and focused on influencing the future.
– Work independently and autonomously
– Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers & engineers to identify, define and deliver meaningful products into the world
– Lead various research studies throughout all the phases of the product development cycle using a variety of methods
– Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
– Contribute to product strategy, execution and go-to-market plans
– Manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
– MA/MS or PhD in a human behavior related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Media Studies, Computer Science, or Economics
– BA/BS in a relevant field with 5+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in related field and 2+ years’ relevant experience, or PhD in related field and 1+ year relevant experience
– Relevant experience within user experience, applied research setting and/or product research and development
– Experience conducting In-Depth Interviews, Focus Groups, Concept Testing, and Usability Testing
– Experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
– Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audiences