Posted on: 08/12/2022
Job ID: YATS082022690249
The prospective PM candidate will be required to operate under limited supervision and provides technical team guidance and coordination for all facets of the project work involved in the development and maintenance of the infrastructure and operations IT systems.
- Respond to the business user’s business requirements that will align the IT services with the business needs while maximizing value and minimizing disruption of existing IT services.
- Oversee and coordinate of the individual change requests to add, remove or modify a configurable infrastructure item in the production environment.
- Work closely with the team technical managers and business users to plan, organize, schedule and status the project work of highly skilled technical personnel. These teams maintain the infrastructure and operations IT systems which include the networks, servers, mass storage, user authentication/authorization for access management, and desktop/laptop and mobile devices used throughout the agency.
- Prepare and update detailed project plans using Microsoft Office and Office 365 tools (e.g., Project, Word, Excel, etc.). Monitors/statuses progress to plan, makes necessary adjustments to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Accountable for the approval and sign-off of the project plan with business users, portfolio managers and all affected project stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies and track to closure.
- Facilitate project related meetings, develops agendas, schedules participants, documents minutes and distributes to team. Updates project plan based on meeting communications.
- Assign project tasks and follows up with the Team Manager and/or assigned resource(s) regarding any past due items.
- Work with the Team manager to balance workload with project team members’ capacity.
- Manage/report/track project status and related issues with superiors on a regular and timely basis, recognizing the sensitivity of key issues to the overall organization and agency.
- Perform related duties as required which could include:
- Responsible for the development of infrastructure and operations IT project estimates for the enhancement or development effort in planning, analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation.
- Manage and track the project progress against the project plan.
- Monitor project milestones and phases to ensure the project remains on schedule and within scope. Recommend corrective actions to their supervisor and Team Manager if a project begins to slip schedule grows in scope.
- Responsible for the capture and reporting of required project management metrics.
- Prepare status reports on a periodic basis for the project team, Team Manager, supervisor, senior management, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with project team to adjust and revise the project plan when necessary.
- Ensure that changes to the project plan are agreed upon and approved by management, business users and all affected stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously across teams.
- Facilitates the final project management evaluation review (a.k.a. After Action Review) with project stakeholders for approval upon project completion.
- Communicate effectively and build/maintain working relationships with key stakeholders, business users and suppliers supporting PennDOT as necessary.
- Coordinate and present estimates/proposals to your supervisor and senior management as necessary.
- Analyze and distribute reports on project metrics associated with work items/tasks related to improvement measures.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project-related issues and resolution of issues.
- Coordinate, with the Team Manager, the establishment of project standards and specific procedures.
- Communicate to project team members how their work assignments relate to and help achieve project objectives.
- Work with the Team Manager to plan project specific training and orientation for project team members as appropriate.
- Anticipate project issues and proactively address them when possible. Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technology discipline.
- PMP certification and 4 to 5 years of experience using formal project management methodologies in a large or enterprise level infrastructure and operations IT system environment (i.e., not software development project management for IT systems).
- A thorough understanding of IT hardware/software configuration as it applies to infrastructure and operations.
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated proficiency of IT Change Management. Experience in working with at least one industry standard change management tool (e.g., Remedy IT Service Management, ServiceNow, etc.) as a change coordinator.
- A thorough understanding of ITIL processes, procedures, tasks, and checklists for IT service management (ITSM).
- High level of proficiency in effective problem solving.
- Expert knowledge level in Microsoft Office and Office 365 products (e.g., Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) including a thorough knowledge and experience developing VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) macros.
- Formal training in project management or 4 to 5 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management techniques/methodology and coordination of technical teams and resources.
- A working knowledge of IT Change Management and ITIL processes and procedures.
- Ability to complete job duties with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform problem analysis/resolution.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Prepare regular project status reports for senior management.
- Ability to effectively coordinate technical teams to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency with interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Office 365 products (e.g., Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) including working with advanced formulas and pivot tables and charts in Excel.