Posted on: 08/01/2022
Job ID: YATS082022UBRJP00021261
The Core Networking team, within the Global Network Infrastructure organization, is seeking a Network Engineer who will help design, build, and operate next-generation network solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability, performance, and agility of the global production network.
The team is looking for someone with a passion for building large scale networks, observability, and operational tooling, and with an automation focus. We are looking for someone who can grow into a leader within this team and is happy to both teach and learn. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and are excited to both teach and learn, we’d love to talk to you.
- Provide operational level 1 and level 2 support, troubleshooting and problem remediation in production data center networks.
Provide production cloud networking support (AWS and GCP), interconnects, and VPC creation
• Assist in new production deployments (rack builds/capacity adds).
• Engineers may be required to participate in regular on-call rotations.
• Collaborate with teams especially Network Monitoring and TPMs on project based work.
• New deployments, upgrades and remediation of Networks/Data centers
• Remote Deployment Support
- Very strong layer 2 and 3 networking Skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in IP networking and large enterprise or production networks
- Expert level in IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, IPSEC, GRE and their best practices.
- 5+ years of experience as a enterprise cloud network engineer (AWS and GCP)
- Experience in managing systems and networks with automation tools
Experience in maintaining 24×7 network infrastructure for a global company