Posted on: 06/01/2022
Job ID: YATS06202231221-1
The company is looking for a Media Monitoring Analyst to join our Strategic Response Communications team. This person will be responsible for monitoring news cycles and developing analysis and reports for the company’s most pressing issues. A key part of this role is keeping teams informed with real-time news updates, summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall comparative analysis.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints. Candidates should be strong communicators. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, strong reading, writing, and organization skills are critical. You should be passionate about its products and policy issues and be familiar with using data analytics to inform media strategies.
The team needs someone who is very familiar with social listening, synthesizing active news, and turning around multiple reports quickly. We’re looking for more agility on active news/influencer listening and real time reporting. Does not want strictly marketing- whereas marketing focused roles usually require bigger projects one at a time, and longer turnaround times between 1 full day to even a few weeks.
- Read, analyze, and summarize media coverage of important policy-related Facebook issues
- Stay informed on news cycle domestically and internationally
- Stay informed and up to date on complex policy issues facing the company and deliver insights accordingly
- Track social media conversations and deliver insightful reports
- Work closely with broader communications teams to help support and inform communication strategy
- 2+ years of experience monitoring press and stakeholder relations
- Experience drafting messaging materials and writing news summaries
- Experience owning multiples deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into consumer language
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political
- Science, or related field
- Experience working at a public affairs agency
- Experience working at a technology company
- Experience using data platforms to monitor media volume and analyze social media conversation.
Government, technology, white house background is big PLUS