Posted on: 08/02/2022
Job ID: YATS08202234813-1
Currently seeking an engineer to work on human perception research, camera and display image quality, ambient light sensor (ALS), camera and display color calibration for consumer devices. This is a research & development position so the hired person will have the unique opportunity to work with the world-class scientists and engineers and explore novel ideas together.
- Study and model human perception from psychophysics experiments and user study, set target requirements for camera and display image quality.
- Work with internal partners on sensor data collection and analysis.
- Perform camera and display color calibration and characterization.
- Camera and display color processing modeling and analysis
- Explore novel ideas to improve camera, display image quality and user experience, present it to the internal teams and even scientific conferences (if appropriate).
- Advanced degree in image processing, color science, vision science, perceptual psychology, optics, biomedical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field with an emphasis on image quality, perceptual modeling, psychophysics, and/or metrics evaluating perceptual performance.
- 3+ years’ experience (inclusive of graduate school research experience) in camera or display image quality evaluation via perception studies, imaging & imaging physics or color science research and development.
- Knowledge of color and optical measurement methodology and metrics.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: MATLAB, Python, C++/C#.
- Knowledge of human perception and color science.
- Experience with user study, human perception and psychophysics experiment design.
- Experience translating user experience and perceptual science targets into products.
- Understanding of ambient light sensor, image sensor, camera and display hardware systems.
- Experience with camera image ISP and display processing pipeline and architecture.
- Experience with the use of psychophysics toolbox and QUEST+ is a plus.
- Experience with HDR tone mapping and video processing is another plus.