Posted on: 07/27/2022
Job ID: YATS07202224578
This is a direct hire role. Ideally local candidates to Indianapolis but not restricted to only local. The ideal candidate would have 10 years of experience in development, working in C#, DevOps, or Python.
Performs full life cycle software development. Reviews, evaluates, designs, develops, tests, and implements department, and enterprise applications and solutions. Develops solutions by guiding development of program specifications; validating design and architecture; overseeing testing efforts; leading software engineers.
- Lead development efforts enterprise wide with ownership of high-level reviews of applications and architecture with the rest of the development group.
- Head development of enterprise software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, design, architecture, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Support, develop and code reviews with software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Lead other developers and collaborate with designers and product owners to develop new features consistent with the product roadmap.
- Learn and understand complex business problems and designs innovative, cost effective, and supportable solutions
- Define programming standards and best practices for all developers. Ensure production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards are adhered to; identifying work process improvements; able to quickly implement new technology.
- Collaborate with business departmental management to create roadmaps for applications, defining software development plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. Help to establish proper governance for key applications and processes
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Serve as a liaison with network administrators, systems analysts, vendors, customers, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- 10+ years of software development.
- Champions agile development and software engineering best practices
- Prior experience in cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services) and cloud-native concepts such as containerization/Docker and microservice design required.
- Recent experience in DevOps concepts such as CI/CD Pipelines, Automated Builds/Tests/Deploys, etc.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate a strong personal set of first principles for software development.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time pressure and deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Studies or related areas